Call for applications for UNHCR Belarus General Service positions – Group 2 candidates
This is an open call for applications for UNHCR Group 2 candidates for General Service positions with UNHCR Belarus.
Successfully screened candidates will be given access to apply to internally advertised General Service positions in the UNHCR Belarus.
What is Group 2?
Group 2 is a pool of candidates consisting of applicants who fall under one or more of the categories below, with one year of continuous or cumulative service in UNHCR/UN in Belarus:
- Current locally recruited UNHCR staff members holding a Temporary Appointment
- Former locally recruited UNHCR staff members who held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment (within 2 years of separation for males and 5 years for females).
- National United Nations Volunteers currently working for UNHCR.
- National UNOPS and Individual Contractors currently working for UNHCR.
- Current UNHCR General Service staff members holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment applying to a position two grades above the staff member’s current grade.
- Current UNHCR staff members in the International Professional category holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment.
- Current UNHCR National Professional Officers holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment.
- Current locally recruited female staff members from other UN system organizations holding the equivalent of an indefinite or fixed-term appointment.
Group 2 status is valid for three years, during which candidates will be given access to apply for internal GS vacancies advertised at UNHCR office in Belarus.
How to apply for Group 2 status:
Successful candidates will be notified by email once Group 2 status is confirmed.
What are the other Groups?
Candidates for vacancy announcements in the GS category are divided into Group 1, Group 2 and external candidates. Group 1 consists of current GS staff members in UNHCR who hold an indefinite or fixed-term appointment, and are granted priority consideration in the recruitment/assignment process. Group 2 are candidates mentioned above. External candidates are all other candidates who do not fall under Group 1 and Group 2.
We look forward to receiving your candidature.
 Cumulative experience can also be a combination of categories. Breaks in service of three months or less do not impact the qualifying period.
 Current means at the time of application for the open call.
UNHCR Personal History Form can be found here.